M.Div./M.Min. Program Objectives
The Master of Divinity/Master of Ministry degree program prepares persons for a variety of ministries as informed by the traditions of the Religious Society of Friends and the wider Christian movement. Graduates of this program will:
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically about issues of faith and ministry.
- Demonstrate the capacity for theological reflection grounded in both scholarship and experience.
- Show evidence of growth in and commitment to one’s personal and spiritual formation.
- Reconstruct an understanding of their faith in relation to the tradition.
- Develop a theological and biblical infrastructure that supports their understanding of the church and their own gifts for ministry.
- Recognize, interpret, and respond to cultural dynamics from a multidisciplinary point of view.
- Demonstrate integration of learning in accord with their gifts for ministry and/or ministry emphasis.