ESR Leadership Conference
Friends struggle with the concept of leadership.
Worries about hierarchy and authority have traditionally discouraged intentional thinking about the leadership needs of Friends, as well as how individual Friends lead in their particular workplace. Even so, we think, speak, and act within communities and organizations. Faith influences values and preferences, which in turn shape the ways we relate, encourage, critique, and support. As we offer these gifts, we contribute to the order or chaos that shapes organizational life and culture.
ESR hears a growing request from Friends for resources in leadership. We seek to provide thoughtful content and opportunity for rich dialog, together creating an environment that affirms the work of the leader and provides new insights for their work. Whether you lead among Friends or as a Friend in the wider world, this conference has something for you.
- Entrepreneurial Organizations: Creating Communities that Lead with Spirit & Serve with Purpose - August 11-13, 2017
- Holy Experiments: Risk, Courage, & the Entrepreneurial Spirit - August 12-14, 2016
- Transformational Leadership and The Prophetic Witness - August 14-16, 2015
- Leading as Servants in the Manner of Friends - August 15-17, 2014
- Friendly Marketing: Message, Motive & Means - August 16-18, 2013
- Leading Change: Faithful Listening, Creative Results - August 10-12, 2012
- Joyce Schroeder, "Leading Change: Faithful Listening, Creative Results" (video)
- Thom Jeavons “Business Practice, Spiritual Practice, and Leading Change: Blurring Lines & Looking (video)
- Quakers in Business Panel 1: Doing Well/Doing Good (video)
- Quakers in Business Panel 2: Leading in/to the Ether (video)
- Seeking the Core of Quaker Leadership - August 12-14, 2011
- Leadership Fit for Friends - May 20-22, 2010