COVID-19 Updates to Campus Status
Earlham School of Religion follows Earlham College guidlelines for COVID-19. Find more information here.
ESR's protocol policy can be found below.
RBC Office Hours
8:00AM - 4:30PM
Closed for lunch EVERY DAY, Noon - 1:00PM
Closed EVERY TUESDAY for worship, 11:20AM - Noon
When is ESR closed this week?
Monday, March 1, 2021 (Noon - 4:30PM)
Friday, March 5, 2021 (1:00PM - 2:00PM)
A message to ESR community members:
Due to COVID-19 and limited staffing, the Robert Barclay Center will remian locked. To access the building, please call (765) 983-1423 before 2:00PM and (765) 983-1687 after 2:00PM. We encourage you to make virtual appointments with any faculty/staff member.
February 12, 2021
Protocol for ESR Students living in ESR housing in Need of Isolation due to COVID
- For students in need of isolation currently in ESR housing (Anderson, Cadbury, and Lauramoore), Earlham College will provide space in Campus Village. If Campus Village space is not available, ESR may be able to transition Anderson Cottage into an isolation unit. Students in need of quarantine will stay in their assigned space, if appropriate, or be moved to ESR designated housing.
- The Health Service will communicate daily with ESR students and the ESR Dean will shape an ESR team to check in on evenings and weekends.
- ESR will purchase a short-term meal plan through Metz for students in isolation. Meals will be delivered to students in isolation.
- The ESR Dean, Assistant to the Dean, and Director of Business Services are to be notified when an ESR student has tested positive for COVID.
- Earlham College will provide ESR with current guidelines for isolation and quarantine standards of engagement. The time frame is 14 days and 2 negative tests for release from isolation.
- Transportation to Campus Village will be provided as needed by an ESR designated driver.
June 17, 2020
A note to the Earlham School of Religion community:
Following Earlham College's announcement on Friday, March 20 of a shift to an essential workforce only policy beginning at 5pm Monday, March 23, ESR closed its campus at the same time. ESR's Barclay Center and classroom building is closed to students, staff, and faculty that have not been designated as essential until such time that this policy is lifted. Many of ESR's faculty and staff are already working from home and the remaining members will be after this closure goes into effect. ESR's staff and faculty will still be accessible by email and phone.
August intensives will run as "residential optional," meaning that they will be available for students on campus, but also for students at a distance via Zoom or online format. Fall classes will be available in a variety of formats, including on-campus, synchronous video, and fully online. We look forward to seeing you online or in person this fall!
Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Be well and stay safe friends.
March 17, 2020
Residential Classes Suspended
Following Earlham College's announcement regarding the coronavirus (you can read it here), ESR and Bethany Seminary have suspend residential classes after spring break as well as activities (worship, common meal, etc.). Employees will continue to run regular operations with some working from home. Campus is now closed to outside visitors. All students should plan to take courses that are not already online via zoom and not report to classrooms for course sessions. May intensive courses are currently scheduled to be conducted remotely.
March 2, 2020
Earlham School of Religion Events
ESR's Leadership Conference will proceed virtually July 31-Aug 2. Our fall 2020 Pastor's Conference will take place - more details to follow. Our fall 2020 Ministry of Writing Colloquium will be postponed until fall 2021. Our spring 2020 Willson Lectures have been postponed until Spring 2021.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to seek to respond appropriately to this unfolding situation.