Video 1: ESR Entrepreneurial Ministry from Earlham School of Religion on Vimeo.
Video 2: Jay Marshall, former Dean of ESR and Director of the Entrepreneurial Ministry program, and Jaimie Mudd, ESR graduate and participant in the EM program, share the history and focus of the program.
This emphasis is designed for MDiv students who have completed one year of study toward their MDiv degree. The Entrepreneurial Ministry Cohort courses begin in August 2021, which means those who are considering the Entrepreneurial Ministry Emphasis should have started their MDiv courses in August of 2020 or have the equivalent to transfer into the program.
Required Sequence of Courses:
- Begin with FC101 in August 2020, continue with FC102 and other MDiv sequence of courses
- Courage, Commitment, & Cohort: the Spirituality of the Entrepreneur, in August 2021
- Developing your Ministry Canvas
- Money Matters in Ministry
- Firm Foundations: Developing Your Organizational Structure
- Marketing as Storytelling
- Engagement with Ministry: Experience, Reflection, and Networking
Students will be required to be on the ESR campus for August and May intensives. The rest of the work will be online in Moodle and Zoom. The Fall 2021 semester includes 2 courses (besides the August intensive), there will be two courses in Spring and one during the last Fall semester. As course work decreases, time devoted to the ministry will increase.
See complete course listings at Student Academic Services web site.
ESR alumni/ae and current ESR students should submit two essays, at least 750 words each, to email@example.com. The first should describe their entrepreneurial ministry. This may be a vision for an unestablished ministry or a description of the current state and challenges of a ministry already underway. The second should describe how a commitment to this 18-month cohort experience can be managed alongside one’s other responsibilities.
- Other prospective students who already hold an MDiv or have competed 1 year toward an MDiv should complete the Degree application application at esr.earlham.edu/admissions/applying-to-esr and submit the two essays described above.
Request more information or apply online.