Spirituality in a Multifaith World Certificate
Our religious landscape is changing rapidly. The focus of this certificate is how to engage in dialogue with, and how to minister to, such a world in ways that promote interreligious and interspiritual understanding and appreciation.
You may choose from an array of courses, some focusing on a single tradition, such as Quakerism or Islam, others seeking to bring traditions into the conversation. Yet other courses attend to new expressions of the spiritual life, both within and beyond historical communities of faith.
ABOUT THE SPIRITUALITY IN A MULTIFAITH WORLD CERTIFICATE
The program consists of six courses and can be completed within two years. Courses may be taken entirely from the study of Spirituality, or students can choose up to two electives from across the curriculum.
Required courses (choose six):
- Spiritual Formation and Personal Practice
- Mysticism: An Interfaith Exploration
- The Spirit of Islam: The Qur’an and Its Interpreters
- Islam in Text and Film
- Quaker Spirituality
- Interfaith Dialogue (Prerequisite: TS 101)
- New Frontiers in Spirituality
- History of Christian Spirituality
- Community, Diversity, and Conflict
- Up to two electives from across the curriculum