M.Div. Emphasis – Entrepreneurial Ministry
Entrepreneurs and innovators dream of new solutions to generational problems and current conundrums. An increasing number of individuals find themselves called to minister and serve in contexts without ready-made organizational support. Often their dreams languish simply because there is no clear path forward.
As ministry, entrepreneurial efforts are never merely about bringing innovative ideas to life. They arise from a sense that the Divine is nudging us to offer our gifts and service via new forms and avenues. They seek to serve God and humankind in ways that transform and improve our lives together.
This M.Div. emphasis provides a foundation, content, plus a cohort group to help those individuals called to entrepreneurial forms of ministry, including the launch of that ministry before the program’s conclusion.
ABOUT THE ENTREPRENEURIAL MINISTRY EMPHASIS
This emphasis requires participation in a cohort group, scheduled to begin in August 2022. It is helpful, but not required, that students complete one year of seminary prior to joining the cohort.
Required Sequence of Courses:
- Begin with FC101 in August 2022, continue with FC102 and other M.Div. sequence of courses
- Courage, Commitment, & Cohort: the Spirituality of the Entrepreneur, in August 2022
- Developing your Ministry Canvas
- Money Matters in Ministry
- Firm Foundations: Developing Your Organizational Structure
- Marketing as Storytelling
- Engagement with Ministry: Experience, Reflection, and Networking
Students will be required to be on the ESR campus for August and May intensives. The rest of the work will be online in Moodle and Zoom. The Fall 2022 semester includes 2 courses (besides the August intensive), there will be two courses in Spring and one during the last Fall semester. As coursework decreases, time devoted to the ministry will increase.