There are two ways to earn an Entrepreneurial Mininstry Certificate
1) Audit (no graduate course credit) - Cost: $2,800, including fees / $2,500 for pre-pay; $1,800 for alumni, including fees
2) For Credit - Cost: $10,500, including fees, for graduate credit / $8,100 w/ need-based aid or pre-pay discount
Required Sequence of Courses:
- Courage, Commitment, & Cohort: the Spirituality of the Entrepreneur
- Developing your Ministry Canvas
- Money Matters in Ministry
- Firm Foundations: Developing Your Organizational Structure
- Marketing as Storytelling
- Engagement with Ministry: Experience, Reflection, and Networking
Students will be required to be on the ESR campus for August and May intensives. The rest of the work will be online in Moodle and Zoom. The first Fall semester includes 2 courses (besides the August intensive), there will be two courses in Spring and one during the last Fall semester. As course work decreases, time devoted to the ministry will increase.
See complete course listings at Student Academic Services web site.
Applicants for the certificate must have completed the equivalent of 1 year toward an M.Div.
- ESR alumni/ae and current ESR students should submit two essays, at least 750 words each, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first should describe their entrepreneurial ministry. This may be a vision for an unestablished ministry or a description of the current state and challenges of a ministry already underway. The second should describe how a commitment to this 18-month cohort experience can be managed alongside one’s other responsibilities. They should also include if they plan to earn the certificate for credit or audit the program.
- Other prospective students who already hold an MDiv or have competed 1 year toward an MDiv should complete the Certificate application at esr.earlham.edu/admissions/applying-to-esr and submit the two essays described above.
Request more information or apply online.