The Willson Lectureship was established in 1967 by Dr. and Mrs. J.M. Willson of Floydada, Texas. Each year, ESR Seeks to bring to campus an engaging personality who will further stimulate the community's theological reflection and pursuit of truth.
- 2019 Finding a Solution to the Mass Incarceration Crisis featuring Keynote Speaker Dr. Anthony Bradley
- 2018 Process Theology Featuring Keynote Speaker Monica Coleman
- 2017 Words and Realities: Language and the Inward Landscape featuring Keynote Speaker Brian Drayton
- 2016 Joy in the Struggle: How We Can Experience Our Full Humanity While Serving God featuring Keynote Speaker George Lakey
- 2015 "Finding the Spirit of God in the Spirit of the World" featuring Diana Butler Bass, March 28, 2015
- 2014 "When Does War End? Moral Injury and Soul Repair" featuring Rev. Rita Nakashima Brock, Feb. 17, 2014 Lecture 1, Lecture 2, Lecture 3
- 2013 Peter Rollins. Irish writer, lecturer, theologian, philosopher, and published author, April 8, 2013
- 2012 Rosemary Radford Ruether “The Theology of Human Creation, Fall, and Redemption: The Quaker Paradigm Shift and Its Importance in the History of Christian Theology” - March 30-31, 2012
- 2011 Jorge Rieger, "Empire, Economics and Christ: Does Christianity Stil l Make a Difference?" - April 4-5, 2011
- 2010 Thomas Hamm, "The Long Road to ESR," April 5-6, 2010
- 2009 Esther Mombo, "Interfaith Dialogue and Evangelism: Does Either Exclude the Other?" April 6-7, 2009 (PDF Brochure)
- 2008 Ann Riggs, "The Quaker Testimony of Community: Interfaith and Intrafaith," April 7-8, 2008 (PDF Brochure)
- 2007 "The Last Chance to Return to Basic Principles of a Western Christianity Devoid of Meaning," with Rev. Jose Miguel Torres, April 2-3 Read text of lectures in Spanish or in English translation. (PDF Brochure)
- 2006 "Soul at Work: Spiritual Leadership in Organizations" with Margaret Benefiel, April 3-4 (PDF Brochure)
- 2005 "Scripture and Discernment: Exegesis as an Ecclesial Practice" with Luke Timothy Johnson, May 1,2
- 2004 "Science and Faith: Where Are We?" with Ted Peters- March 22-23
- 2003 Faithful Living in Fearful Times" with Margaret Kornfeld - April 7-8
- 2002 "Embracing an Activist Spirituality" featuring Jim Wallis - March 11-12
- 2001 Featuring Margery Post Abbott - March 26-27
- 2000 James Walvin: "Quakers, Money, and Morals"
- 1999 Daniel Smith-Christopher
Previous Willson Lecturers Include: Charles Davis, Wayne Oates, Langdon Gilkey, Bishop Stephen Neill, J. Calvin Keene, Martin Marty, James Fowler, Virginia Ramey, Mollenkott Demaris Wehr, Rosemary Radford Ruether, Krister Stendahl, Walter Brueggemann, Schubert M. Ogden, Elise Boulding, John Howard Yoder, Alan Geyer, James Forbes, Barbara G. Wheeler, Donald Bloesch, Majorie Hewitt Suchocki, and Daniel Smith-Christopher, James Walvin, Margary Post Abbott, Jim Wallis, Margaret Kornfeld, Ted Peters, Luke Timothy Johnson, Margaret Benefiel, José Miguel Torres, Ann Riggs, Esther Mombo.