New Student Orientation for
Earlham School of Religion and Bethany Seminary Students
New students are expected to participate in Orientation at the beginning of the semester in which they matriculate. The schedule is carefully balanced to:
- introduce new students to peers, staff, administrators, faculty and, when possible, current students from both Earlham School of Religion and Bethany Theological Seminary
- familiarize students with the locations of and information about the Lilly Library, wellness center, business office, Academic Services office, and computer labs
- provide essential information about academic programs and policies
- facilitate advisor assignments and registration for courses
Virtual New Student Orientation Kick Off on Monday, July 19, 2021, 2pm-4:30pm (EST). Links will be mailed and listed here soon.
Virtual training modules and Zoom sessions scheduled for the week before and the weeks after the Virtual New Student Orientation.
New Student/Current Student & Staff/Faculty in-person gathering Sunday, August 1, 2021, from 4pm-6pm - location TBD. This is the evening before August Intensives begin on Monday, August 2, 2021
Check your @earlham.edu email for more information coming later in June!
ESR students, if you have questions about:
- Financial Aid, fees, ESR housing opportunities, and student health insurance, please contact Jonelle Ellis, Director of Business Services and Facilities, firstname.lastname@example.org, 765-983-1540.
- Seminary Computer Services, contact Kevin Poole, with Seminary Computer Services, email@example.com and 765-983-1568; or the EC/ESR Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-983-2000.
- Disability accommodations, Earlhalm College The Academic Enrichment Center (AEC), Brittany Tourville - Administrative assistant, email@example.com or765.983.1341. You may first connect with April Vanlonden for advice (contact info below).
- Registration and Academic Services, April Vanlonden, Joint Seminaries Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org, 765-983-1816.
- Seminary Library Services, contact Karla Fribley, Seminary Librarian, email@example.com, 765-983-1290. Also, watch an introduction video here: https://youtu.be/3h5lXp7Arn8
- Housing in Richmond, join the ESR/BTS Housing Opportunities page. Also contact the Jonelle Ellis, Director of Business Services and Facilities, firstname.lastname@example.org, 765-983-1540. To make reservations at the Lauramoore Guest House, please complete the Lauramoore Reservation form. If you have questions about the Lauramoore house, please contact Kristen Laws, 765-983-1423, email@example.com.
- Living in Richmond, visit homeinwayne.com, waynet.org and visitrichmond.org.
- Transportation to Earlham School of Religion: Dayton International Airport is the closest and most convenient, Indianapolis is second. You can get Uber or Taxi rides from either airport to Richmond. You can join the ESR Ride Share Facebook Group at www.facebook.com/groups/ESRrideshare/. Below are other options:
- Old Richmond Taxi – 765-939-7311 (Will go to/from the airport, can call ahead to schedule pick-up in advance/get price quote.)Depot Taxi – 765-209-2092 (Will go to/from the airport, can call ahead to schedule pick-up in advance/get price quote.)
- hoosierride.com – Bus service with pick up at a local gas station (1340 Industries Rd.) that goes to/from Indianapolis, Dayton and Chicago. Tickets can be purchased on their site.Send an email to our campus-wide “miscellaneous” listserv. Students frequently send emails requesting rides here, and if someone is available to help or is headed that way, they may be able to help. The email address is Earlham_Miscel@earlham.edu
- There is an Earlham Ride Board Facebook group for students to join and request rides.
- This list represents taxi and shuttle options frequently recommended by current students and does not constitute an endorsement of any one service over another.