Spiritual Formation Certificate
This certificate is designed for individuals with undergraduate or graduate degrees in many different fields who want to explore spiritual formation at a Seminary education rooted in Quaker thought and practice, without committing to a degree program: new retirees, career changers, and others in the midst of transitions.
About the Spiritual Formation Certificate
The required courses are core courses of the M.Div. degree and can be applied toward the M.Div. once finished.
Required Sequence of Courses (16.5 semester hours)
- Spiritual Formation and Personal Practice (two-week residential intensive in August)
- Spiritual Formation and Public Ministry (fall semester – distance or residential – 4.5 hours, includes a practicum)
- Spiritual Formation, Diversity, Community, and Conflict (spring semester – distance or residential)
- Discernment of Gifts and Calling (two-week residential intensive in May)
- One intro-level elective from across the curriculum