Welcome to the ESR community!
Thank you for confirming your enrollment by making a deposit! We look forward to you joining our community.
What to do and expect once you have confirmed your admission to ESR:
- We have assigned an adviser to confer with you about classes. You will get an email of introduction in the next week or so. Please review the course schedule for the upcoming term as well as the academic calendar on the Joint Seminaries Registrar webpage.
- Information Technology Services (ITS) will send you emails with your usernames and passwords required to access Zimbra (email), Banner Self-Service (registration system), and Moodle (contains course syllabi, as well as the websites for online courses). This may take up to a week to complete. If you have not received the automated e-mail within a week, please check your spam folder. If you don’t see it there, contact the ITS Help Desk at [email protected].
- After you have connected with your adviser and have received the usernames and passwords from ITS, follow these directions to register for courses.
- Registration for new students will begin the last week of June. Please follow the registration directions at https://esr.earlham.edu/academics/registrar-and-academic-services/. If you have difficulty registering, please contact your advisor or April Vanlonden, the Joint Seminaries Registrar, at [email protected] or 765-983-1816. April will hold Open Zoom sessions so you can pop in to ask questions or get her guidance. Or you can schedule an appointment with her at another time.
- Please go to the New Student Orientation webpage for complete information about new student procedures, policies and orientation events.
If you have been selected as a Cooper Scholar, International Cooper Scholar, Diversity Cooper Scholar or Leadership and Service Scholar, you will need to complete and return a Confidentiality Agreement and the associated Scholarship Agreement. If you did not receive the agreement with your acceptance letter, or if you have other questions, please contact Julie Dishman, director of recruitment and admissions.
Attend New Student Orientation
As a new student, you will participate in orientation at the beginning of the semester in which you matriculate. The schedule is carefully balanced to
- introduce you to peers, staff, administrators, faculty and, when possible, current students from both Earlham School of Religion and Bethany Theological Seminary.
- familiarize you with important services, such as Lilly Library, the Athletics and Wellness Center, business office, academic services office, and computer labs.
- provide essential information about academic programs and policies.
- facilitate advisor assignments and registration for courses.
- offer time to relax and interact in small groups at meal times and the end of the day.
At a glance:
- July 31 at TBA
- ESR Dining Room
Need more help?
Selecting the right college can be complex and raise a lot of questions. Reach out to our dedicated admissions team or the right department for your questions.
|Financial Aid / Scholarships||Jonelle Ellis|
|Seminary Computer Services||[email protected]|
|Cooper Scholarships||Diana Neanover|
|Registration and Academic Services||April Vanlonden|
|Seminary Library Services||Karla Fribley|
|Disability accommodations||Dean’s office: 765-983-1687|
|Housing in Richmond||ESR/BTS Housing Opportunities|
|Living in Richmond||– homeinwayne.com|